The AFM, Local 99 Emergency Relief Fund (L99-ERF) was established to provide support for members of the Local that find themselves in a situation where financial assistance is needed. Members may apply for funds for any of the following circumstances, though consideration will also be given to life events not listed here:
- Natural Disasters, including flood, earthquake, tornado, etc.
- Health Issues or Physical Injury
- Governmental Emergencies or shutdowns affecting communities at large
- Personal Disasters, including fire, accidents, theft
Funds raised will go towards medical expenses, lodging, food and other vital living expenses.
The L99-ERF will be funded through non-tax-deductible donations from Local 99 members, community members, family and anyone that is not considered to be a non-musician employer of musicians.
There shall be a committee of three Local 99 members that will review all requests and approve or deny any financial assistance, up to a maximum of $500, based on the need of the applicant. The committee shall be made up of the Local 99 Secretary/Treasurer or President, one Local 99 Executive Board Member and one Local 99 member at large, all to be approved by the Local 99 Executive Board. Best efforts will be made to redact the applications prior to the committee’s review, to allow for a blind application process, with the acknowledgement that 100% anonymity may not be achievable.
To be eligible for assistance, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of Local 99 for a minimum of one (1) year and living within the jurisdiction of Local 99 (if suspended due to emergency circumstances, that will be taken into consideration)
- Applicant must not be delinquent on any work dues owed.
- Applicant must earn at least 50% of their income from music
- Applicant must fill out and submit the L99-ERF application, which will require a record of bills or medical records, plus a current record of assets. Relief Fund checks will be issued directly to creditors, unless direct payment to the applicant is approved by committee. Financial need will be determined based on household income (applicant and spouse or domestic partner, if applicable). Applications may only be submitted once per year, except under special circumstances.
- Secretary-Treasurer’s office will refer applicants to other relief sources when applicable.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Local 99-ERF does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status when evaluating applications for funding.